Thursday 12 August 2010

Ramadan Mubarak...


Today was the first day of Ramadan 1431/2010 - and it went pretty well really, after the first night of taraweeh sweating in the masjid I was rather dreading the thought of fasting these longer hours (16 Hrs 15 mins for day 1). I slept most of the day apart from waking up for Salah. Oh ssh, I work nights!
So fast forward my strenuous day and I am at work where I meet the ever so chirpy Koke and to my amazement he had shaved his hair off!

Iftar is always a big occasion (as in the quantity of food) and we were both spending it at work. There was enough food to feed an army and after a long stare, all was consumed. We took turns at reading Magrib where I used my iPhone to find the right direction *cough*...

As prayer finished, we rushed for our first cigarette and boy did it feel good!

The 34 Inchers would like to wish everyone Ramadan Mubarak and Insha' Allah, Allah graces us with his mercy and compassion. Ameen!

How did yours go?

[iD]

2 comments:

  1. Hello 34 Inchers, cool name I must say!

    Ramandan is goin well so far and like yourself it hasn't been as hard as I thought. Its still early days and theres still a lot of greasy iftar times to come!
    Looking foward to see what else you put up here.
    May Allah have mercy upon you too and grant us all paradise..Insha'Allah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ramzan Mubarak my fellow 34 inchers.

    I am glad your 1st day of ramzan had a delightful end. I had a rather jagged start to my first day of fasting. I went to sleep after fajr (4am) and was awoken rather exasperatingly by a special someone. However I did slowly slip away to a deep slumber only to be troubled once again, but this time by the dreadful alarm on my new iPhone 4.. errghem… INNA LILLAHI WO INNA ILAYHI RAAJ’UN, I'M LATE FOR WORK!!

    Rushing along I finally made it to work half an hour late. As a fellow 34 incher, you can understand why I was sweating so much. I toddled along to the water cooler and poured myself a glass of water only to realise how distant I am from drinking that lustful glass of water.

    Work was over and I was on my way home however that agonising clench of thirst still remained.

    Iftaar in our house is also always a big deal however today it was only me and my brother home. Two hopeless individual who can barely cook pasta. However that didn’t stop us from attempting to make ourselves a traditional meal for iftaar, and what an attempt. Kisoori (rice +daal cooked like a pudding), sana bazi (chick peas stir fried with potato and onions), pakora’s, Salad, Aloo Chop (slices of potato dipped in our special home-made batter and fried), and before we knew it we, the incompetent pair, had cooked a full meal for ourselves maash'allah. We made enough food for to feed ten and a good thing we did as two more joined us.

    Boy, I can still feel the food in my stomach. I’ll need to join the 36 inchers club soon!!!

    Peace be upon you brothers and may allah accept all our fast and prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete